Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology in the Tampa Center so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks, including receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from or as part of the Global Technology Help Desk; problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on or remote support at the on-site level.
- Perform hands-on or remote fixes where possible, including software installation and upgrade, mobile devices management, file backups implementation and applications configuration
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, telephone and other products
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Perform pilot tests on systems and applications and provide feedback to the concerned teams prior to roll out to production
- Manage disposal of computer and network devices based on the global policy
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, printers, scanners, network devices and other peripheral equipment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors, place purchase orders for new hardware (Dell, toners, peripherals)
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services
- Serve as lead Audio Visual Subject Matter Expert for live meetings and events held onsite or at remote locations as requested
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner; build rapport with customers
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Own and drive issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization; remain engaged on issues until resolution
- Interface with the different teams in Infrastructure pillar with regards to Infra-related support tasks
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Serve as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system; assist customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework
- Understand the essential responsibilities of the position and work to continuously build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role
- Act as backup trainer when requested
- Manage mobile plans and configure/support mobile devices
- For some offices: provide non-working hours support.
Key Skills and Experienced Required
- Good experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, including Dell workstations and laptops
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Deep understanding of how the various work groups in the organization use technology in their day-to-day work
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and asking probing questions as appropriate
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to represent and advocate for both the policies and procedures of the IT organization the end users’ perspective
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.