Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To help lead the team managing the Firm's directories, awards and league table submissions globally, with the intention to attain better rankings and awards outcomes through more effective and efficient processes; and to manage relationships with directories and awards providers in liaison with global Marketing and Communications colleagues.
- Lead team of 5 directories and awards service personnel based in Tampa. Part of a new team of 20+ worldwide responsible for the Firm's submissions to the leading legal directories, awards providers and surveys of strategic value to the Firm
- At the direction of the team's Senior Manager, take the lead on the submissions process for a number of offices in the Americas (North America and Latin America) and support offices in other regions at times
- Manage the drafting, coordination and timely submission by the team of several hundred directories submissions per year - primarily to Chambers and Legal 500, plus a small number of specialist directories
- Manage the drafting and coordination of circa 50 awards submissions per year for the Firm across offices, practices and industries
- Own the gathering of information for and submission of a small number of survey responses per year on behalf of the Firm, liaising with finance, talent management and other areas of the Firm as needed
- Allocate workflows, control quality, troubleshoot issues and apply best practices consistently, with the aim of better rankings, visibility and recognition for the Firm and our lawyers
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing and communications, or a related area
- Relevant experience drafting awards, other types of submissions or external marketing materials in a business environment.
- Knowledge of legal directories publications or experience in professional services marketing useful but not essential.
- Line-management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with partners.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with proven writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.