Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To assist the Technology Training Team in developing learning resources, specifically reference print materials, instructor-led resources (lesson plans, presentation deck, exercise sheets, hand-outs, etc.), scripts and online videos/tutorials to be used by all trainers across the Firm in facilitating Application Training Deployments.
- Collaborate with project lead (trainers, designers, product managers etc. ) and create course components with/without minimal supervision
- Collaborate with project lead to development of audio and video scripts based on adult learning principles to produce high quality course assets
- Build online tutorials and courses using rapid development tools (e.g. TechSmith and Captivate, etc.) and enhances content with appropriate interactive properties, resulting in more effective audience engagement
- Publish output in the Firm's media server based on defined team requirements
- Assist the Project Lead in the Design and development of print materials which includes user manuals, quick reference guides, trainer lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, job aids and the like using appropriate writing style based on target audience
- Troubleshoot and maintain support of the Firm's media server, as needed, through expertise or collaboration with the vendor(s)
- Assist in creating and maintaining eLearning templates, as needed
- Collaborate with IT Training Communications, and Deployment team members, as needed, to propose eLearning solutions
- Participate in scheduled pilot application programs and provide feedback, based on project team requirements
- Continuously develop mastery of team tools and standards
- Perform all other duties, that may be assigned, as needed, based on business training needs
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and some relevant experience with a focus on any or all of the following: Instructional Design, Communications, Technical Writing, Training and/or Education
- Familiarity with video production software, such as TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, along with Windows Office
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Needs to be able to design Instructor-Led materials, as well as, e-learning or on-demand content
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt and learn new programs quickly
- Ability to take complex topics and break them down into easy to understand topics through visual design and course content; must understand adult learning theory and principles
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
- Capability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously