The Business Analyst - Data Analysis Team will be involved at some level throughout the entire system, application or software development life cycle.
The Business Analyst - Data Analysis Team will serve as the conduit between our internal clients (legal and business services teams) and technology teams. In every way, the Business Analyst must be able to fulfil or bridge business data requirements including; elicitation, documentation, revisions, system analysis, feasibility, and user experience (U/X).
The Business Analyst - Data Analysis Team will be responsible for creating data models, system data workflow diagrams, documenting data business and security rules in addition to wireframes, rapid prototyping, UI specifications, sitemaps, task flow/analysis, and use cases in support of larger initiatives.
- Expert understanding and ability of various methods for the documentation of data requirements; including decision and data models, data mapping, workflow diagrams
- Understand how virtualization and integration platforms are used and governed for security and efficiencies
- Manage business rules repository
- Create and revise Business Requirements Documents (BRDs); thereby translating business requirements into functional specifications
- Create prototypes, wireframes, mock-ups, storyboards, user personas, task flows, data flows
- Collaborate with developers, technical teams and vendors to understand technologies and requirements relevant to integration
- This is a global role requiring regular work outside normal business hours to communicate with people in multiple time zones
Serving as a liaison to the following;
- Development Managers - works closely to consistently understand and deliver material requirements for development efforts
- Project Managers - identifies resource capacity and significant scope changes that effect timelines
- Business Stakeholders - maintains a close working relationship to elicit business requirements and discuss scoping decisions
- Enterprise Architecture & Security - collaborates early on during business requirements to review business capabilities identification as well as taking into consideration the necessary internal security processes and procedures
- Product Managers - within the Applications Team, for system lifecycle continuity
- IT Service Delivery Team - with Regional Directors, and key roles for project implementations (ie. Training)
- Vendor Teams
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree information systems, computer science, data science/analytics, business management, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a business analysis role
- Experience with Denodo, Dell Boomi, Jupyter and/or Collibra desirable
- Experience in a legal environment is highly desirable
- Experience working for a Partnership is highly desirable
- Global thinking and experience is preferred
- Consulting experience is preferred
- This role requires excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents.
- The ideal candidate is comfortable mediating between user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility
- A minimum of 3 years of experience collecting and documenting data requirements, BRDs, Use Cases, Site Architecture, System Workflows, Wireframes, Visual Data Mapping, Data Modeling and Diagrams
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft skills (i.e., Team Foundation Server, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of SQL desirable