Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
To assist in providing an efficient and effective service to the Firm's Partners and offices in identifying and analyzing potential conflicts of interest.
- Provide all aspects of support to the Firm, Partners and offices with regard to conflicts management
- Assist and review all information submitted on Conflicts Management Requests (CMR) for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that all required information has been provided and is accurate
- Identify and analyze all potential conflicts of interest and propose concise resolutions to Firm Attorneys in order to clear these conflicts in accordance with professional responsibility obligations and Firm policy
- Advance the clearance of conflicts of interest by directly communicating with Firm Partners
- Obtain waiver letters from Partners and clients when made necessary by jurisdictional guidelines, in order to facilitate New Business Intake (NBI) while protecting client relationships and the Firm's business interests
- Maintain detailed records on all aspects of the conflicts management process for internal documentation and audit purposes
- Adhere to all Firm policies regarding conflicts of interest and escalate issues to Management and the Director of Responsibility, when appropriate
- Process CMRs within the agreed Service Level Agreement
- Engage and collaborate with team members through the presentation of ideas and recommendations regarding best practice, continuous improvement, departmental processes, policies and procedures
- Provide support and assistance on important team projects and initiatives, when required
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Ability to make effective, accurate decisions, judgement calls and reliable recommendations with support from team members and Management, where necessary
- Professionalism and the ability to influence in a positive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive customer service oriented attitude
- Ability to engage and collaborate with team members locally and across other Centers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, manage workloads, meet deadlines and prioritize efficiently
- Ability to leverage consultant resources and utilize information appropriately
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to contribute ideas for process improvements and adapt easily to procedural change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated in interactions with all colleagues throughout the Firm as well as Partners and Management
- Positivity and the adoption of a solution-based approach in all aspects of work
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.