Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
To implement and manage the Firm's first Global Travel Program estimated at nearly USD 100 million in global travel spend; administer, manage and monitor travel policies, guidelines, and budget in order to ensure efficient and risk free corporate travels.
- Roll out the Global Travel Program under the guidance of GMET and Procurement leadership, including Online Business Travel (OBT) site and App development and integration
- Ongoing management of the Global Travel Program, which includes ensuring compliance and driving continuous and innovative improvement of the program’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Implement, manage, and monitor compliance of the Firm's first Global Travel Policy
- Responsible for overseeing the firm's security program with outside consultants as it relates to travel safety; recommend to leadership the dissemination of security alerts, as needed; monitor safety of travelers during crisis events with the support of the travel agency
- Develop strategic policies and programs for corporate travel with the use of travel analytics and reporting
- Support procurement and provide industry/travel program knowledge during negotiation of supplier contracts and rates; on a regular basis, participate in negotiations with Procurement or provide guidance in relation to requirements needed for the program
- Create, cultivate and manage productive relationships with suppliers to ensure that expectations and service is specifications are understood and fulfilled
- In partnership with Procurement, manage contract terms and relationships with travel agency and suppliers
- Write communications for travelers regarding the program, alerts, and recommend other methods of demonstrating continuous value of the program
- Create and maintain a Global Travel Program site on BakerWorld
- Provide exceptional customer service and support throughout implementation and management of the program
- Provide travelers with advice on travel documents, insurance, etc.
- Oversee corporate credit card program and expense policy components as it relates to the travel program and as deemed necessary
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive strategic corporate travel industry management experience at a senior level
- College Degree (travel related, preferred); experience working in a professional service firm, corporate environment, and/or airline a plus
- Ability to translate business objectives into an innovative, market-leading travel program
- Thorough knowledge and experience of travel management, corporate travel, and supplier management.
- Proven strong track record in managing travel, including strong project management skills. Knowledge of international travel regulations, customs and currencies
- Well-versed and experienced in the area of travel safety and duty of care
- Ability to manage, motivate and lead a global team of travel contacts that do not report directly into the Senior Global Travel Manager and have other responsibilities other than travel
- Expertise in budget and financial management and proven track record of reducing costs
- Experienced in successfully working independently with remote supervision
- Ability to effectively negotiate and work with vendors and suppliers globally
- Able to take a practical approach, capable of flexible thinking, able to analyse situations, think of the big picture, and demonstrate a pragmatic attitude towards problem solving
- Successful in dealing with conflict management with diplomacy and credibility
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills with ability to successfully manage key relationships and projects across an organization globally
- Strong English communication (verbal and written) and exceptional communication skills with prescribed business etiquette at both personal and electronic levels in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment, both internally and externally
- Passionate and exceptional at delivery strong customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve issues
- Highly organized with strong senior project management skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Outstanding accuracy skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, analyse and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Confident, diplomatic, mature with sound judgment and a strong sense of responsibility in order to deliver against set objectives
- Has experience in successfully navigating a complex law or business environment and able to move projects along or adjust to the needs of the organization or internal client
- Savvy and capable technology user with strong knowledge of MS Office, CTM/GDS solutions, Experience with Online Travel Booking Tools (Concur, Get-There, etc.)