At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other Firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,400 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top Firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative Firm. The San Francisco office of Baker & McKenzie LLP seeks an On-site IT Support Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization.
- Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Serves as lead Audio Visual SME for live meetings and events held on-site or at remote locations as requested. Supports, operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritize and escalate problems (when required)
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Serves as a back up to other IT Support Analysts (both local & remote) as needed.
- Conducts new hire training when requested.
- Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for at least 5 years. Microsoft MCP certification is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, including Dell workstations and laptops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Active Directory and Exchange Management Console experience (2-5 years minimum experience)
- Experience with supporting Audio/Visual technology (3-5 years minimum)
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be self-guided when given little detail for troubleshooting efforts.
- Possess strong customer service skills. Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to present ideas and solutions in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and asking probing questions as appropriate.
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to represent and advocate for both the policies and procedures of the IT organization as well as the end users’ perspective