At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,400 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker & McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm.
The Chicago office of Baker McKenzie LLP is seeking two project assistants to work with our Corporate & Securities practice group. The Project Assistant serves as legal and administrative support on large deals and projects to meet specific client goals and objectives. The Project Assistant works directly with attorneys to facilitate efficient execution of client work, by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference calls, Sharepoint sites, use of new technology and assistance with document intensive tasks that require project or client-specific knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scope Management--Determine objectives and define scope of projects through consultation with legal teams
- Planning--Identify, schedule and monitor activities and tasks of all legal team members.
- Manage and take ownership for project schedules including variations, risks, action items, time management, etc.
- Status reporting and issue tracking-- Preparation of team and client status reports, provide timely updates to client team partners on potential issues identified.
- Continuous Improvement--Manage project quality control and serve as escalation point for quality control, troubleshooting and technical support .
- Extranet administration and management of project sites.
- Assistance with document intensive tasks such as signature and execution implementation and tracking on large projects, correspondent counsel billing and coordination, diligence uploading, downloading and summaries to facilitate attorney work, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- An ability to multi-task and work on projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal skills.
- Some business/office experience preferred.