At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave - like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker McKenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Baker McKenzie is seeking a North America Partner Recruiting Manager to reside in New York. The North America Partner Recruiting Manager will work with the North America Partner Recruiting Senior Manager to execute partner recruiting activities for the North America Region, with a particular focus on transactional partner growth in New York. This position works closely with the Practice Group Chairs, Managing Partners as well as others throughout the North American Region ("Region"). This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive and reliable partner level recruitment support to stakeholders across North America and candidates.
The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with solid candidate sourcing and management skills, strong client service orientation, with the ability to effectively interact professionally with lawyers, business professionals and candidates. Individual will possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work cooperatively with team members across North America and solve problems independently.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of seven (7) years recruiting experience in a large law firm, preferably with multi-office experience and in support of partner level hiring
- Proficient with MS Office 2010 (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); Experience with viRecruit
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrable analytic skills and general business acumen
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment
- Travel to NA offices as requested