At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave -- like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker & McKenzie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Paralegal, IP Litigation, will be responsible for supporting attorneys on major litigations, in all aspects of case management, including maintaining and organizing large case files (physical and electronic), docketing deadlines, conducting legal research, and drafting documents at the direction of a supervising attorney. Familiarity with intellectual property litigation is strongly preferred.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Willingness to support matters at any level
- Flexibility to respond quickly to shifting demands and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to deliver high-quality work product and work independently in fast-paced environment
- Produce, organize and maintain litigation documents and evidentiary materials
- Organize and index case documents and develop document retrieval systems
- Assist and coordinate on all facets of the litigation process, including e-discovery, document review, and production
- Assist with the preparation of briefs and other court filings, including cite checking, proof-reading, and preparation of tables of contents and authorities
- Assist in preparation and execution of depositions and trials
- Conduct research and retrieve documents and other evidentiary materials
- Research and confirm court dates and filing requirements
- Assist in drafting documents and preparing for depositions and trials
- Prepare evidentiary materials and witness files for review by attorneys
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree is required
- At least 3-5 years of litigation paralegal experience
- Knowledge of filing and service in federal court, state court, and/or administrative offices in accordance with applicable rules
- Strong technology skills, including advanced familiarity with e-discovery platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDFOutlook, Best Authority, LexisNexis or Westlaw, CompuLaw, Relativity and other e-discovery and case management platforms.
- Proactive, innovative and results-oriented.