Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Manager, Process and Quality will serve as a champion of robust service design, process development, and quality monitoring across services delivered through our Global Services Centers; lead planning and execution for implementation of continuous process and quality improvements in Professional & Business Services (PBS); and adapt industry best practices in service quality and performance while ensuring cultural alignment within the Firm.
The Manager, Process and Quality will also act as the SME for functional managers in the analysis of KPIs for a service throughout its lifecycle; work with the Global Service Center leaders to ensure consistency in the execution and evaluation of service performance across centers.
- Champion of Quality as a discipline across business services and legal services
- Execute best-in-class industry practices, methodologies, procedures and process improvements initiatives to operationalize identified improvements for implementation across Centers
- Design and implement a multi-dimensional performance measurement system to understand results vs. targets in areas such as cost, time, quality, and others, as required
- Drive efficiencies to collect, consolidate and analyse performance data from PBS teams to evaluate performance against targets
- Collaborate with E2E Global Process Owners and Service Owners to identify potential challenges and proactively manage against SLAs and agreed metrics
- Monitor and report the overall performance of business services to ensure consistency in process execution based on global standards
- Oversee the process and quality activities to monitor quality, productivity, NPS and all relevant KPIs, and proactively measure, manage and report against service level agreements (SLAs) and relevant metrics
- Lead common projects that cross functional boundaries within PBS across the Firm
- Lead the execution of quality programs and monitoring services to ensure consistency across Centers
- Ensure the adequacy of tools and forecast the service usage and staffing levels to meet SLAs and drive business continuity across Centers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Master’s degree or additional relevant qualification would be an advantage)
- Certification in Six Sigma (Black Belt or Master Black Belt ideally), Lean or any other relevant process improvement discipline and service delivery standards is required
- Proficient using MS Office, Productivity, Reporting and Statistical Analysis Tools
- Experience working with ServiceNow or similar technology platforms is preferred
- Experience in handling change management with a solid understanding about the impacts of process and technology changes on the business
- Extensive experience in project management, handling business transitions (from inception to delivery)
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and provide up to date insights of the progress
- Leverage available resources and ability to work and manage the project under pressure to deliver on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and resolve conflicts
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.