The Tax Manager will be responsible for preparing and managing tax compliance requirements and selected tax consulting issues for Baker McKenzie US and non-US Member Firms, Affiliated Entities and selected special purpose entities.
- Manage or prepare US Federal, State, and local partnership tax returns, unincorporated business tax returns, gross receipt tax returns, excise tax returns, commercial activity tax returns, and business & occupation tax returns for Baker & McKenzie LLP.
- Prepare and circulate Principal-level tax schedules, related information, instructions, and supporting statements required for preparation of Federal and state individual income tax returns by each Principal who is a partner of Baker & McKenzie LLP.
- Manage or prepare state composite tax returns for qualifying electing nonresident US citizen Principals of Baker & McKenzie LLP, including quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Manage or prepare US Federal and state partnership and corporation income tax returns for selected special purpose entities of the Baker & McKenzie International network.
- Prepare all local tax returns such as personal property, sales and use and commercial rent for Baker & McKenzie LLP and its Affiliated Entities.
- Prepare all resident and non-resident US Federal and state individual income tax returns and supporting filings for Baker McKenzie mobility assignees.
- Preparation of these tax returns using GoSystem RS and BNA Super Form.
- Collect and maintain documentation to support tax return filings.
- Prepare and/or review internal supporting documents for audits by Federal, state, or local tax authorities.
- Manage, develop and mentor staff, including delegating work and providing candid timely feedback
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high level of client satisfaction and creating a climate that is consistent with and reinforces the Firm's culture.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA certification (if qualified to sit for the uniform CPA examination); if not, qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate tax certification
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Well rounded experience in entity and individual level tax matters
- Extensive experience preparing large multi-state partnership income tax returns which include special allocations (i.e., Form 1065)
- Consolidated and stand-alone US corporation income tax returns (Form 1120)
- Experience with US Citizen and Non-US Citizen individual income tax returns Form 1040 and Form 1040NR)
- Experience with various tax return preparation software, specifically Thomson Reuter's GoSystem tax applications; importing data from Excel spreadsheets a plus
- General knowledge of accounting and information management systems used by multi-national organizations (i.e. SAP), specifically with respect to interface with tax accounting systems, conventions, policies
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, financial modelling and analytics
- The ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience