At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,400 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm.
The Toronto office of Baker McKenzie seeks a Payroll & Benefits Supervisor to join its HR Team for a 1 Year Contract.
The Payroll & Benefits Supervisor is a hands on role responsible for the efficient processing of the semi-monthly payroll and benefits administration for approximately 200 salaried and hourly employees and the related day-to-day payroll operations. This role also offers the opportunity to be a critical team member in the implementation and testing of enhanced and centralized payroll systems.
Working closely with the Human Resources Business Partner and local office management, the Payroll & Benefits Supervisor will play an essential role in assisting to deliver Payroll and HR related policies and programs that support the Firm's overall business objectives. The Supervisor will also interact with Practice Group Leaders and Functional Leaders in the office and across the North America region, as necessary to administer plans related to local office attorneys and business professionals.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter and resume.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum 5 years' of in-depth payroll and benefits administration experience
- Working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce payroll system
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation, employment standards, taxation rules and year end reporting processes
- Demonstrated experience with G/L account management and reconciliations