The Information Governance Specialist will serve as the dedicated Information Governance (IG) Specialist assigned to major global financial institution client. Support other IG client services.
As dedicated IG Specialist for financial services client:
- Maintain up-to-date records retention schedules for 75+ countries.
- Report on legal and regulatory changes.
- Research legal developments relating to records retention, record format requirements, location and cross-border transfer conditions, privacy implications, and information security obligations.
- Product notifications and alerts when legal and regulatory changes occur.
- Update program content, implement change management procedures, and serve as first line contact for client, including as project manager.
- Prepare reports on legal advisory services.
- Produce 'horizon scanning' client alerts.
To support other IG services:
- Create records retention policies and schedules.
- Contribute to IG LawBase of legal and regulatory requirements.
- Update and maintain client collaboration tools.
- Engage in data analysis.
- Develop internal knowledge management tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Master of Information or equivalent degree essential.
- Information governance experience including in the areas of banking and financial services, company information, and personal information.
- Project management experience.
- Banking or financial services industry experience desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Understanding of/ experience working in large complex organizations, ideally in a law firm or professional services firm
- Experience with relevant IT packages such as Document Management Systems, Project Extranets (e.g. SharePoint), and other collaborative project management tools.,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work hands-on to achieve objectives in a relatively “flat” organizational structure.
- Knowledge and experience with data manipulation tools (e.g., Excel) and experience with visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability to cover a wide subject-matter range and difficulty level from thinking strategically to troubleshooting detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Strong competency in continuous improvement, change management, flexible approach and exceeding expectations.