We are looking for a Risk Systems Specialist to join our highly-regarded New Business Intake team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
The Risk Systems Specialist will act as the business owner and expert of the Firm’s risk systems, and work with Global Information Services (GIS) and New Business Intake (NBI) to ensure they meet the needs of the Firm’s lawyers and relevant stakeholders. The goal is to ensure the Firm’s risk systems support the business needs, mitigate risk and are considered efficient and world class over time.
Additionally, ensure systems utilised by the Firm and NBI for due diligence research purposes are efficient and fit for purpose. Work with NBI leadership and Procurement in researching additional products and managing relationships with various vendors. Investigate and continually ensure the Firm is abreast of market developments and solutions in this area, ultimately ensuring value is added and risk mitigated.
- Work closely with the Product Team and the Director of Practice Technology (Global Technology) and other members of the GIS team to gather user requirements, and continue to design, build and deploy outstanding risk solutions via Intapp and other systems as required
- Work with NBI leadership and Risk Management, the Director of PRPC (Office of General Counsel) and other Firm stakeholders as required in order to meet and exceed business needs and expectation
- Instigate a culture and process of continuous improvement within the Firm’s risk systems so that they add increased value over time.
- Build relationships and solicit feedback from users and key stakeholders – both on an ad hoc basis and via structured initiatives such as user groups – and implement enhancements to address the feedback received
- Engage with and manage expectations of internal clients and key stakeholders to encourage them to achieve greater efficiencies through the adoption of Intapp products and other core risk system solutions
- Develop a communications strategy and roll-out plans, and support new adopters, where required
- Closely collaborate with Technology and the PMO to design, lead and execute user acceptance testing when new and updated functionality is introduced
- Support in collection, creation and presentation of MI linked to Risk Systems in use across the firm
- Manage entitlement or other system requests and queries from in-market teams
- Maintain records and oversight of all user requirements, providing guidance and support on if and how these may be implemented to Firm systems, working with Technology to assess feasibility and timelines and communicating these
- Provide feedback to the NBI Director and functional leads on issues, trends, training needs and enhancements related to risk systems, and support in drafting and actioning any required next steps
- Escalate issues, outages or delays which may impact user experience or deployment plans to the manager for review and resolution
- Liaise with system vendors, providing regular feedback, documenting requirements or raising issues where necessary to ensure operational and process effectiveness
- Provide demonstrations of Firm risk systems to internal and external stakeholders where necessary Develop standards relating to the management of both the risk systems themselves and the data stored within them, and promote and enforce best practice across the Firm; In particular, develop data maintenance and quality solutions to ensure content remains accurate and up to date and that content is regularly reviewed for irrelevant/outdated information
- Work with GIS, the NBI Training and Quality Supervisor, the Global Training Team and Talent Management to develop and deploy appropriate support materials to all Intapp and risk system users within the Firm
- Work with NBI to achieve a high degree of engagement with in market users and find incentives to encourage in market users to contribute and utilise our risk systems appropriately, with ease and to their advantage
- Work with GIS to investigate promising new technologies and the Intapp roadmap that will increase efficiencies and mitigate risk within the Firm. This may include undertaking product investigation, proofs of concept, pilots and roll-out of successful products
- Build trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders; Partners, PAs, NBI Management, Technology, Procurement etc. displaying SME knowledge and acting as a key contact for risk systems queries / topics
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related discipline, (2.1 or above preferred
- Deep understanding of risk systems in a professional services environment
- Some experience, ideally gained within a law firm or financial institution
Technical & Personal:
- Ability to work well with others and to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders quickly via telephone and videoconference
- An outstanding and confident communicator who can deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people at all levels of the organisation
- Highly credible and persuasive
- Comfortable working within a large and complex, matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups
- A self-starter who can get things done without the need for detailed direction
- Must be able to think strategically, however also willing and able to roll his/her sleeves up and do whatever is needed to achieve key business objectives, diving into detail where necessary
- Total commitment to excellence and the provision of first-class support. Willing to go the extra mile to provide outstanding client/stakeholder service