The Records Clerk - Chicago Immigration Practice will provide electronic records support to fee earners such as Partners, Associates, and others as assigned within the Immigration Practice Group.
The Immigration clerk is responsible for working closely with the Chicago Immigration Admin team on uploading various documents (i.e., all government filings, application packages, receipt, and approval notices, passports, diplomas, transcripts, pay stubs, birth certificates, etc.) to specific sections within the Employee Area in IMMpact, the Immigration docket software system. In addition, following documented processes and procedures on checking the I drive for additional documents for uploading, the uploading I-797 files/documents (receipt notice, approval notice, appointment notice, rejection notice) and all petition filings, transferring all completed files to the subfolder and sending screenshots to the Chicago Immigration Admin team on what has been uploaded daily.
- Working collaboratively with the Chicago Immigration Admin team on file maintenance
- Reviewing of the electronic document(s) and identifying where the document(s) should be filed
- Uploading of electronic documents to specific sections within the Employee Area in IMMpact (docket software system)
- Reviewing I drive for additional electronic content to upload
- Preparing and sending End of Day (EOD) report listing all uploaded document names for that specific day
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior clerical or law office experience preferred
- Prior experience managing electronic records a plus
- Prior experience managing electronic records a plus including basic electronic file structure (i.e., client folder with subfolders underneath)
- Knowledge of computer with basic word processing skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills