The Pitch Design Senior Coordinator, Global Client Pursuits (GCP) will work across the entire pitch design lifecycle - engaged from initial scoping through to final delivery. To participate in briefings with the GCP Pitch Lead and the Lead Partners/ to develop bespoke design-led pitch execution (using key software packages) that is in line with our branding as well as demonstrate alignment to the client. Day-to-day the role holder will work under the supervision of the GCP Service Centre lead and our Senior Pitch Leads to produce high-quality ‘first of a kind’ work based on a clear design story.
In addition, the role holder will work with other parts of the GCP team to develop ongoing layout options for meeting placemats and templates across different mediums; as well as sharing ideas and best practice from this wider interaction with the GCP team and opportunities to interact with Baker McKenzie’s Global Design Team who are also based in our key service centers.
The role holder will be required to have strong communication skills and be able to succinctly articulate (and occasionally defend) design rationale to senior stakeholders, often within relatively tight turnaround times. Also, the role holder should have a broad skill set in several key design software packages, an advanced level of skills in the entire MS Office suite is mandatory, and a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of pitch professionals based in the Firm’s Center teams, providing support to the visual theming, storyboarding, and execution of sophisticated design-led strategic pitch documents and presentations for our key clients.
- Ability to contribute to the creative pitch briefing process as well as interpret design briefs to deliver pitch design concepts and mood boards for major, strategic pitches and panel opportunities
- Work with our Content, Infrastructure, and Operations teams, develop ongoing layout options for new pitch tools, templates, and key communications, across different mediums
- Interpret stakeholder feedback to ensure iterative design delivery and work within the pitch milestone timelines agreed
- Understand likes and gaps and use context and best practice to stretch as needed with traditional stakeholders
- Share best practice and take initiative to learn more about the GCP team, the Global Design community, and the wider Firm
- Ability to consider multiple plans of action so we have considered options to compromise for the sake of delivering the best outputs. Use context and insights to build rapport
- Prepare stakeholder-ready drafts that are aligned to the brief and follow industry and brand typography and design guidelines
- Own the execution of the deliverables and contribute to the planning when FTS or handovers as needed
- Meticulous proofing abilities
- Be a clear communicator and be confident to reach out and collaborate with the broader team to deliver as per expectations
- Strong PDF skills to build in hyperlinks, navigation, interactivity
- Willingness to undertake or are currently undertaking design software skills training
- A sharp eye for details, Creativity skills, a problem-solving aptitude, passion for design, and eagerness to continue learning
- Three or more years of experience in desktop publishing, business development, pitch delivery, communications, or marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with design and typography industry guidelines
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a track record in planning, execution, and tracking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with peers and stakeholders, particularly as projects may need to be shared across time zones as we utilize a follow the sun model
- Customer service mindset that leads to the formulation and delivery of client-driven solutions
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Word (will be skills tested as part of the recruitment process)
- Strong PDF skills from an execution and usability standpoint
- Basic skills in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator with a willingness to further develop
- Basic photo editing Photoshop skills to do general retouching (removing backgrounds, replacing backgrounds, and minor color corrections) is desirable