The Collections Analyst will be responsible for collecting payments in accordance with agreed terms from clients in a cordial and courteous manner; work closely with Partners and staff in offices to ensure that collections activities are coordinated and escalated as necessary.
- Liaise with In-Market Finance staff, Partners, management and other staff as appropriate to ensure that all receivables are followed up in a timely manner in accordance with the Firm's standardized best practice, including discussing current and future issues that may delay or prevent payment of invoices.
- Minimize risks surrounding long outstanding debts with the aim of avoiding write-downs, write-offs and bad debts.
- Liaise with Client Support teams responsible for Global Key Client relationships and provide support for any collection matters.
- Carry out approved credit adjustments, write-downs and write-offs.
- Liaise with the cash management team with regard to the allocation of cash against invoices and outstanding suspense receipts.
- Produce and publish all standard and ad-hoc collections reports, and ensure all interested parties are kept up to date with relevant and timely collections information.
- With limited supervision, work independently to complete assigned tasks and work responsibilities in order to meet agreed objectives.
- Consider the impact of recommendations when making decisions or resolving problem.
- Some experience within a similar position.
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment.
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law Firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Advanced technological proficiencies, inclusive of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required.
- Ability to exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity.
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues.
- Flexibility to work a reasonable shifting schedule is required.