To join our Front of House team permanently with a shift pattern from Monday - Friday (07.30 - 18:00). Occasional late shift cover may be required (13.30 - 21.30).
The Front of House team is responsible for providing a standard of excellence for client care services to all visitors and callers. As the face and voice of the Firm and the first point of contact for clients and staff, this is a key hire for the London office.
The role holder will have a mobile approach working on our ground-floor and 12th-floor client reception desks, greeting visitors positively, and dealing with administrative tasks in a professional manner. They will be dealing with client telephone queries whilst providing first-class service and knowledge to callers, data input, and booking of meeting room requests. The role holder should ideally thrive in a people-driven environment, enjoy challenges, have high attention to detail, and enjoy delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Provide a high level of client care in all activities, demonstrating professionalism and attention to detail at all times for all visitors to the building
- Act as an ambassador with full knowledge and rotational service support to both the Ground Floor main reception and 12th Floor client floor
- Deal with all clients, either in person or via the telephone, in a courteous and highly professional manner delivering strong client care
- Fully adhere to agreed standards and procedures for all tasks undertaken including Health & Safety, event management support, and security team assistance
- Activate and provide support to both employees and visitors with any app queries including use of temp cards etc.
- Update and check daily conference room bookings and advanced meetings in readiness for required standards
- Book any concierge requests - Flowers, gifts, etc, per the instructions given, and ensure adequate records are kept
- Ensure that the conference rooms and front of house areas are kept tidy and in good working order to the required standard
- Deal with client admin requests etc., promptly and per the instructions given
- Deal with administrative tasks as and when required.
- Participate in Team Meetings and provide regular feedback
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with the Manager to ensure work efficiency and personal development
- All team members are required to be fire wardens and have security awareness training
About the team
Our Operations function supports and manages the day-to-day operations of the Firm, providing expert and in-market support regarding office management, office services and facilities, real estate management, risk management, and secretarial and administrative services.
This role will report to Front of House Manager.
The key relationships for this role are all employees and external clients.
About the candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- PC literate including, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Manage room bookings via a dedicated application
- Previous Law firm or professional services experience recommended
- Solid demonstration of excellent client care
- First-class communication skills with positive interaction with clients/staff
- Culture of Friendship
- Accountability and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure with a calm disposition
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work unsupervised
- Proactive and able to provide a client-focused service
- Excellent telephone manner
- Smart and professional in appearance
- Displays emotional intelligence, sensitivity, and confidentiality at all times
- Good timekeeping
- Willingness & enthusiasm
- Ability to work as part of a team, flexible & helpful approach to work
- Willing to be flexible and agile in terms of work allocated
- Highly motivated, resilient, and proactive
- Willingness to become a first aider
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social, and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
- Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Thomson Reuters (formerly Acritas' Sharplegal) Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index, 2010- 2022 - ranked 1st
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2021-2022: currently ranked 52nd
- Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 15 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as one of the 400 Largest US Law Firms in in its annual survey in 2022.
- Identified as one of the Hall of Fame for best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, 2011-2021.
- Received a Gold Award on Stonewall's 2022 Global Workplace Equality Index of Top Global Employers for LGBTQ+ people
- Ranked as one of the Top 10 Employers in the 2022 Social Mobility Employer Index.
- Received Double Certification for earning top marks in the 2022 Corporate Equality Index and Equidad MX of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Winner of the Europe Mentorship Programme - International Firm award in the Euromoney Women in Business Law Europe Awards 2021
- In 2022, we won Career Development International Firm, Diverse Women Lawyers International Firm, Work-Life Balance International Firm, Innovative International Firm of the Year and Women in Business International law firm (WIBL Asia).
- Baker McKenzie has been awarded "Women in Business Law Firm of the Year" and "Career Development Firm of the Year" at the inaugural Euromoney Women in Business Law Global Awards 2022.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth (Recruitment Manager) at +442070725731 orVanessa.Renforth@bakermckenzie.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.