An opportunity has arisen for a Counsel Fee Cashier to work within a busy Finance & Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have had experience of all round experience in Counsel Fee Legal Cashiering.
We are looking for someone who is able to communicate at all levels and develop strong working relationships with internal clients and suppliers. The ability to be organised and demonstrate a highly professional and committed attitude towards their work is crucial. You should also be both proactive and responsive, with very strong communication skills. Excellent attention to detail is essential.
In return, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment where you will be given the opportunity to reach your full potential.
The Finance and Accounting department has a culture of excellence – it's far more than just a back office function. We provide valuable financial advice and support to the business and its stakeholders.
As part of a world-class law firm, our clients expect the very best. To deliver a first-class service, we recruit the best, and offer a friendly working environment and structured career development. Our feedback culture will help you to thrive in your role.
Our 40-strong London team is led by our Chief Operating Officer and is structured into two broad areas:
1.) Reporting and Accounting
This function looks after all of the Firm's reporting needs, both internal and external. This includes strategic planning and budgeting, management accounts, statutory accounts and tax work.
2.) Finance Operations
This team is responsible for the day-to-day operations, including billing, collections, cash management & treasury, and client monies.
- Responsible for checking, inputting and paying all outside and Counsel, Barrister and Professional fees.
- Reconciliation of fee notes.
- Answering in relation to all of the above.
- Ensure and adhere to SRA values.
- Dealing with multi-currency payments and payment of overseas Counsel fees (liaison with overseas offices).
- Using electronic funds transfer methods via online banking.
- Assisting with cover for all other cashiering duties including bank reconciliations.
- Covering various cashiering duties on a rotational basis.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive. It is a great time to be joining the London LPM team. With a variety of backgrounds and personalities, there is a great ethos and mutual support in the team. We are making as much progress in aligning our processes as we are encouraging an entrepreneurial tailored approach to matters. The early groundwork required to educating the firm on the benefits of LPM is mostly complete, allowing the new LPMs to come in and pick up the trusted role of delivering on the process and many leadership aspects of matters. Internally and externally the LPM brand is very strong and there is a platform to bring solutions (tactical and broader innovation), different mindsets on approach, technology and commerciality and opportunity to shape the law firm of the future from the inside.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or via email.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Aylin Berenti, Recruitment Officer on 020 7072 5772 or via email
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- Experience of managing Counsel and Barrister fees
- Ability to work within a close knit team environment
- Flexible in attitude and approach to work
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work in pressurised environment
- Knowledge of Elite (or similar legal PMS) would be a distinct advantage
- Preferably worked in a large firm environment, but not essential
- First class communication skills, both verbal and written
- Methodical in approach to work
- Good organisational skills