We are looking for a Legal Administrator who can demonstrate administrative competencies to the highest level.
You will provide first class administrative support to a department in London.
You will possess a strong client service focus enabling you to interact well with both external and internal clients at all levels.
Please note that this role is a Legal Administrator position and is not an entry route to complete a training contract or professional qualification with Baker McKenzie. The two recruitment processes are completely separate.
We place an important emphasis on the development and well being of our people. We look to enable all of our employees to be the best they can be in order for them to deliver an excellent client service. We provide a structured induction programme for all of our new joiners, a buddy scheme, and offer excellent career development opportunities. Our Secretarial Services staff enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Uploading immigration forms/visa expiries on to Inszoom (Immigration software)
- Drafting visa application letters to Home Office appointment booking system
- Opening new matters
- Billing coordination
- Creating/updating/amending pitch documents
- Creating and maintaining various extranet sites
- Call management
- Arranging conference calls and Meeting organisation
- Booking training courses for Fee Earners
- Scanning (bills/expenses)
- Ad hoc printing
- Liaising with couriers
- Client event co-ordination
- Basic marketing material creation
- Organizing travel
- Basic inbox management
- Basic diary management
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2017 - ranked 1st/Brand Index: 100
- The Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017: currently ranked 58th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2012 - 2018: currently ranked 6th
- Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2016: Five awards: Most Innovative International Firm for Women, Best International Firm for pro bono work, Best in tax, Best in Employment and Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or email
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Officer, on 020 7072 5731 or email
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
- High work standards
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
- Ability to analyse numbers
- Strong document management skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Flexible and efficient work practices and ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Flexibility, Dedication, Humanity and Efficiency
Diversity & Inclusion
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm