As part of a best in class Graduate Recruitment & Development ("GR&D") team, working closely with and providing first class support to the GR&D
Manager, GR&D Partner and Graduate Recruitment panels/stakeholders to deliver a full spectrum of Graduate Recruitment activities. To ensure first class recruitment processes and candidate experience, which is designed to deliver high quality, diverse talent, and which supports our Diversity & Inclusion strategy and ensures the Firm's market reputation as an employer of choice.
Spring, Summer and International placement schemes
- Responsible for delivery of core and ad-hoc Graduate Recruiting programmes
- Lead point of contact both for external candidates and within the business
- Advertise and market the programme/s to ensure maximum publicity & successful attraction strategies
- Design and full implementation (with oversight from the GR&D Manager) of all schemes and overall responsibility for effective delivery, return on investment and continuous improvement, to include training sessions; planning and attending social events; seat allocation and ensuring work allocation; trainee mentor allocations and briefings; feedback and debrief sessions
- Responsibility for screening processes and the review of on-line application forms and other assessment tools, in conjunction with other team members
- Ensure the administrative elements of the programme are effectively and efficiently delivered, working with the GR&D Coordinator, to ensure timely planning and delivery, ensuring at all-time a first class candidate and internal stakeholder experience
- Budget tracking (providing reporting and updates to the GR&D Manager as required)
- Lead point of contact for all external contacts and publications
- In consultation with the GR&D Manager, design and implement the advertising strategy for Graduate Recruitment
- Review all new requests for advertising and make recommendations to the GRDM to ensure the Firm has a strong market presence and a brand in the market as an employer of choice, aligned to strategy and business objectives
- Co-ordinate the placement of adverts and articles within publications, liaising with Marketing and Comms, when necessary
- Negotiate competitive advertising rates, managing the advertising spend and associated tracking
- Preparation of award submissions, as an when required
- Maintain the Firm's Graduate Recruitment social media presence (including Facebook and Instagram), ensuring that communications support the Firm's brand
- Continuous review and improvement mind-set, with a focus on innovation
- Ensure full and comprehensive use of online advertising opportunities
- Monitor the success of online advertising and report on ROI as required
- Ensure the Firm's Graduate Recruitment website is maintained and kept up to date as and when required
Campus Management and Sponsorship
In the role of Campus Lead, you will have overall responsibility for the campus strategy across the Firm's key target universities (overseen by the GRDM) including;
- Provide guidance around content of campus plans to ensure consistency
- Responsible for promotional items and merchandise
- Responsible for the Brand Ambassador programme, including and managing the ambassadors
- Manage the data collection and ROI project
- Responsible for campus liaison at a number of core target universities, to include:
Relationship building with key contacts at Careers Services, within student bodies and law faculties
- Attendance at relevant marketing events, including law fairs and autumn presentations
- Manage the budget for each university
- Liaise with careers services to book presentation dates
- Oversee GR&D Coordinator to book and manage correspondence with venues; coordination of event staffing and transport and accommodation, as required
- Responsible for campus liaison at a number of core target universities, to include:
First Year Insight Scheme
- Responsible for the strategy/content and implementation of the First Year Insight programme
- Responsible for screening applications, reviewing video interviews and acting as a Group Assessor, ensuring that screening processes follow internal guidelines and hiring decisions are made and communicated in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that all recruitment processes and communications support the Firm’s brand and that the Firm provides a world-class candidate experience throughout the recruitment and selection process
- Ensure that recruitment activities and initiatives support and are aligned to the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) strategy of the Firm and that D&I is embedded in all processes. Support implementation of innovative strategies to attract diverse candidates
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including Graduate Recruitment Partner, Graduate Recruitment Panel, Trainees, Associates, and key business services teams
- Actively participate in assigned recruitment work-stream and substreams as required
- Lead / participate in at least one recruiting project each year as it relates to a designated recruitment work-stream and sub-streams and participate in ad-hoc recruitment projects as and when required
- Provide support, as and when required, to the Recruitment Leadership Team and work collaboratively as part of a regional Recruitment team, assisting other offices on recruitment activity and projects
- Participate in various recruiter organisations to increase personal networking, knowledge sharing and promotion of the Firm
- Provide first class support to the GRDM with the Graduate Recruitment marketing campaign
- Attend ad-hoc events and presentations, as necessary
- Participate in ad-hoc project work, as required
- Assist the GRDM in ad-hoc matters relating to trainee recruitment Assist, as required, in supporting and providing cover for the GR&D Officer to ensure continued delivery across all Graduate and Development programmes to the business
- Oversee responses to generic Graduate Recruitment inbox (administered by GRD Coordinator)
UK travel only
About the team
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services
- Total Rewards
You will report to Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Recruitment Leadership, including Associate Director of Recruitment, EMEA+
- Graduate Recruitment & Development Officer
- Graduate Recruitment & Development Coordinator
- Graduate Recruitment Partner & Training Principal
- Trainee Partners
- Trainee Solicitors
- Careers Service contacts
- On campus Brand Ambassadors
- External publication contacts
- Relevant demonstrable Graduate Recruitment experience (ideally in a large law firm)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with proven ability to work with and manage relationships at all levels across an organisation
- First class written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and ability to work independently
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment
- Conscientious, flexible and with excellent attention to detail
- Strong client service and delivery mind-set
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional manner at all times, even when under pressure, acting as an ambassador for the Function and the Firm
- Ability to work collaboratively and to build effective networks across all levels of the business
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); Experience with recruitment systems such as CV Mail or ViRecruit
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of a 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas' Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2010- 2020 - ranked 1st
- The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For 2011, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17: currently ranked 66th
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
- Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
- For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
- Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
- Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
- Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
- Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
- Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
- Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5731 or email@example.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
Baker McKenzie London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.