The Global Client Pursuits Specialist, EMEA will become a permanent member of the high performing team of pitch experts in EMEA who manage the firm's most strategic, pitches and panels for key clients and regional pursuits.
The team is part of the global GCP team which is undergoing a dynamic transformation and works with regional expert teams in AP and the Americas and "follow the sun" shared service centers in Manila, Tampa and Buenos Aires.
The Global Client Pursuits (GCP) team in EMEA requires a bid specialist to manage "BAU standard" proposals working in collaboration with BDMC colleagues and assist with the proposal process for bids/pitches and panel proposals on Key Client and high value/high growth opportunities.
- Coordinate the proposal process for bids/pitches and panel proposals for high value, strategic, complex and Key Client opportunities, working closely with a senior team member
- Manage BAU standard proposals working in collaboration with BDMC colleagues and with the oversight of a senior team member
- Develop key messages and client centric content to ensure that proposals of superior quality are delivered on time
- Create detailed briefs and provide coaching for center-based team members to produce fit-for-purpose draft proposals and formatting/design requests leveraging pitch content automation technology and the Service Now tool
- Assist with pitch debrief meetings feeding back key points to the business to facilitate further learning and development
- Contribute to the development of best practice materials and information e.g. for the Pitch Perfect blog and Baker World internet pages
- Develop and deliver training for junior team members and assist with training to regional and global teams including practice groups, BD teams, Partner meetings
- Become deeply familiar with the Baker resources and team, leveraging the proposal process for bids/pitches and panel proposals for high value and key client opportunities
- Team with GCP colleagues worldwide (within EMEA and across our other regional hubs in the Americas and AP) to deliver on pitches where needed following the sun and sharing best practice
- Collaborate with BDMC professionals worldwide including client managers, industry and practice group BDMs and in-market BDMs to leverage client intelligence, practice and industry know how, case studies and credentials
- Work with other Professional Services teams e.g. pricing strategy, legal project management and knowledge to contribute to developing profitable and added value solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Strong experience in BD/ communications in professional services (ideally legal), with significant hands-on experience in proposal development and management
- Organisation, project management, and ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines simultaneously with limited guidance
- Excellent writing skills and experience in developing value propositions, win themes and executive summaries for proposals
- Interpersonal skills to work/lead in remote teams of partners, lawyers and BDMC professionals
- Persuasive and diplomacy skills and ability to deal autonomously with highly intelligent and demanding internal clients at all levels
- Client service focus, flexibility, can-do attitude; motivated and enthusiastic; personal drive and energy
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills