To be responsible for maintaining the Swiss offices (Zurich & Geneva) operational/administrative processes, HR policies and practices; assist with the execution of local office HR operational/administrative processes in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Swiss Firm in the areas of compliance, risk management, compensation and employee service relations.
Work closely with the Swiss offices Talent Management and Recruitment Business Partners and play an essential role in delivering HR services and policies that support the local offices (Zurich/Geneva) and the Firm's overall business objectives. The Manager HR Admin & Reporting will also interact with Practice Group Leaders and Functional Leaders in the office and across Switzerland, as necessary, to ensure a flawless and smooth operational/administrative service for fee earners and business professionals.
- Partner with employees and management to design, improve and implement human resource policies & procedures, standards and guidelines, in line with applicable legislation
- Respond to employee requests and questions and escalate as needed
- Review and follow-up timesheets and escalate issues as they arise
- Design, implement and maintain new hire procedures
- Assist with lawyer and employee terminations
- Maintain all human resources records including personnel files (also in SAP)
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directories
- Review and monitor trends in attendance, overtime, and communicate with managers to make recommendations
- Assist with any special project as needed, including reporting, and local or regional projects
- Assist with the preparation and support of the performance review processes for attorneys and business professionals
- Assist with recruitment and interview process; track status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
- Other duties as assigned
Minimal travel required
About the Team
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers, Performance and Rewards
This role will report to the Swiss Chief Human Resources Officer.
The direct reports of this role are the Leading Function for Specialists and Trainees
The key relationships of this role are with the following:
- Swiss Office Management
- Practice group or functional leaders
- Talent Management and People function colleagues
About the Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Commercial apprenticeship and/or an apprenticeship with further commercial education is required
- Experience in HR Operation/Administration, preferably in a professional services firm environment
- Familiarity with HR functional disciplines (employee relations, staffing, compensation, operational and administrative tasks and cases, organizational development)
- Knowledge of local employment legislation
- Fluent written and spoken German and/or French. A very good conduct of the English language.
- Strong computer skills (SAP, Abacus, Outlook, MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe or similar)
- Strong organizational skills; well-structured working behaviour; excellent processing, operational, administrative, writing, quantitative, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location
Know How, e.g.,
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
Personal Impact, e.g.,
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, leading to rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 7072 5731 or Vanessa.Renforth@bakermckenzie.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA - since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.