Role Type: Contract (12 Months)
Baker McKenzie is modernizing its professional and business services functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to clients. The Program Management Office (PMO) Project Management Team will play a strategic role in the implementation of projects globally and be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all related strategic initiatives.
The PMO will partner with the Firm’s senior leaders and their respective teams to design, build, launch, and scale services throughout the Firm. The team will have an unwavering focus on unlocking the programme’s value and delivering timelines, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction.
As part of the integrated PMO team, the Business Transformation Manager will play a strategic role in the implementation of processes globally for the Administration, Operations and Risk function globally. This implementation will promote revenue growth, helping drive the Firm forward in its ambitious goal of being the legal firm of choice and the employer of choice for its people.
- Manage and lead multiple concurrent, complex projects across the Administration, Operations and Risk function, from planning to execution
- Manage the requirements lifecycle, including working with stakeholders to understand, define and record service and functional objectives, requirements and success criteria
- Create, manage and execute the project schedules across the function, including defining the required steps to achieve project objectives, the required resources and work allocation, and the management of dependencies to ensure delivery within agreed timeframes
- Develop and draft change management and communication plans, messaging, and supporting documentation to help drive transformation in the business
- Proactive and effective stakeholder management, including organisational change, communications, training and organisational engagement; analyse and adapt key collateral for individual audiences
- Risk and issue management, with a strong focus on the identification, analysis, response and escalation of key project risks; communicate risk effectively in order to protect project schedule
- Ensure project quality and compliance through effective integration into the PMO and the adherence to established standards and methodology
- Focus on value-based outcomes both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Collaborate for results and become a respected leader
Travel may be required to Firm Meetings and other firm offices to meet implementation deliverables (up to 15% at peak times).
About the candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading operational, business outsourcing or other similar transformation initiatives
- Collaborative but independent practitioner who is comfortable working in an unstructured environment
- Strong post-college project management experience in consulting, accounting, banking, technology or finance, successfully managing multiple projects or a portfolio of projects.
- Experience in professional services is highly desirable
- Experience in relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods, especially in a global or cross-cultural environment
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution
- Project Management Professional or PRINCE2 Practitioner certification (strongly preferred)
- High level of attention to detail
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an agile and iterative development process that includes accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- Experience driving change including change management planning, documentation, and execution
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritise and manage time to meet deadlines
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint skills
- Have confidence and experience in a deadline driven environment
- Disciplined and thoughtful approach to client focus and consultation
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Excel, Project, Visio, MS Office applications, project management processes, tools, and applications, and ServiceNow PPM desirable
- Excellent Analytical skills and ability to use MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI or other reporting capabilities to conduct analysis. Ability to write macros and Excel VBA are preferred