The Director of Human Resources (HR) Operations bring all of our key talent management (TM) processes together to ensure that our HR operations are efficient and align with our business objectives. This role requires a senior HR leader with experience in driving large-scale HR processes and process improvement to drive operational excellence across the TM function in support of our internal clients. A key member of the TM Leadership Team, this is a highly collaborative role, which requires liaising closely with Regional Talent Management Directors to coordinate the delivery of key talent processes. In addition, this role will be a key contributor to designing the end-state people processes that will be enabled by implementation of Success Factors.
- Understand the Firm's organizational needs and create and drive continuous improvement in our TM processes, policies, and workflows to ensure they are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect Firm values, partnering closely with colleagues around the network to ensure processes and policies are viable and can be implemented in all jurisdictions.
- Lead the annual performance management and compensation-related matters for PBS, working in partnership with Regional and local TM leaders. This includes creating a Firm-wide view on promotion and compensation cycles to enable Function Leaders to make timely reward decisions that align with our people and business strategies; coordinating and project managing the process annually, including managing process timelines and central communications.
- Play a key role in preparation for and implementation of Success Factors, including participation in all design and implementation working groups, sourcing input from colleagues around the network and ensuring the future state of the Firm's HRIS reflects the needs of the business
- Serve as liaison to the Firm's Attorney Administration Supervisor and to PBS21 program leadership regarding accurate and consistent HR classifications in relevant systems.
- Coordinate with the HR Directors in the firm's four Centers, partnering closely with the Centers' HR Leads to ensure TM processes and strategies are aligned to global goals and strategies.
- Working closely with the Recruitment team, assess and improve pre-hire data collection and on-boarding processes.
- Act as primary TM contact for with the People Analytics team, working closely with them to develop HR dashboards, ensure high quality statistical reporting capability from HR systems to assist in making smart business decisions.
- Develop and track KPIs related to HR data quality.
- Partner with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to innovate in achieving major improvements in efficiency and optimization within our People team, including creating opportunities for HR self-service
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or other related areas
- Extensive experience in HR/Talent management, preferably in a professional services firm environment
- Experience of leading large HR/Talent Management teams across multiple offices and jurisdictions
- Experience of designing, managing and delivering large-scale HR/Talent Management processes and projects, managing multiple stakeholders, timelines and complex communications 2
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact and influence at the highest levels of the Firm
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to create an environment of trust with stakeholders at every level, including partners, effectively utilizing negotiation and conflict resolution skills when needed
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results with a sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders,
- Strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Strong coaching, counselling, business acumen and overall communication skills
- Confident in collaborating across organizational boundaries, with the ability to build and sustain virtual teams