We are looking for corporate lawyers to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie, Belfast. Baker McKenzie is the No. 1 Firm for cross-border deals according to Thomson Reuters.
With more than 1,200 lawyers across 77 offices we complete a transaction somewhere in the world almost every working day. We work with a wide range of clients including PLCs, financial institutions and major multinational corporates.
Our local legal and business knowledge, combined with our practiced fluency in cross-border transactions, makes us the first choice firm for the world's leading companies.
Our corporate team in Belfast through innovative services and methods assists our practising offices in achieving efficiencies and economies of scale within matters and transactions. In this role, you will be part of a team of lawyers supported by local project management personnel and legal sector specialists from many jurisdictions across the globe. We are seeking lawyers (0-5 years PQE) to join our growing corporate team and work on a wide variety of matters and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
Responsibilities may include:
Carrying out reviews and assisting with reports and deliverables in support of, for example, M&A transactions.
This may include preparation of documentation and assisting with actions required for single and multi- jurisdiction transactions;
- Assisting with/providing work product in support of practice groups such as Re-structuring/Reorganisation; Capital Markets; Energy, Mining and Infrastructure; and Banking/Financing and Refinancing;
- Assisting with the process, co-ordination and project management of matters;
- Developing strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in all sectors/departments and in many jurisdictions throughout the world;
- Contributing to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement;
- Innovative use of IT platforms and know-how databases; and
- Working with and training other teams (including legal professionals) within the Belfast office.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academics credentials (minimum 2:1)
- Previous experience in commercial or corporate/M&A, including transaction exposure and due diligence/review projects from a strong corporate/commercial firm
- Excellent writing skills and commercial approach
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Initiative and proactivity Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships within Baker McKenzie globally
- High work standards and a keenness to learn
- Flexible work practices
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually