The Business Development Manager (Global Dispute Resolution) will develop and execute BD and marketing programs for the Global Dispute Resolution Practice Group (DR PG), working closely with the Global Chair, Steering Committee and Professional & Business Services (PBS) colleagues.
The Business Development Manager (Global Dispute Resolution) will be also responsible for raising the profile of the Global DR PG among Industry Key Clients (IKCs), Global Industry Groups (GIGs) and other Global Practice Groups (GPGs), in addition to helping to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships.
An integral part of the role will be to collaborate with the DR BD team in each region in order to promote a consistent global brand and integrated practice.
- Develop and deliver a compelling BDMC strategy across the Global DR PG, understanding market needs and dynamics; set the strategic market-focused direction for the PG with the fee earners
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for the PG and its practitioners worldwide, aligned with Firm branding and communications plans
- Work with the Global DR sector groups to target specific industries, raise profile and expand and deepen client relationships in these sectors
- Monitor and spot forward-looking Global DR PG issues and trends and translate their legal impact to clients and lawyers in a commercial way
- Partner closely with other Specialist functions (Key Client management, Marketing; Campaigns and Communications, Pitch & Pursuit Excellence, Pricing Excellence) to ensure the Global DR's media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the business as well as global best practice
- Enhance internal awareness of Global DR PG-specific issues and equip lawyers to talk about them irrespective of their practice group
- Work and coordinate with IKC and Regional Client Managers in the Specialist BDMC function to drive key account management and client relationships with strategic accounts
- Work with our BDMC End-to-End services teams (Marketing Services; Directories, Awards and League Tables; Event Management) around local production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards, league tables and directories; and local event requirements
- Drive both internal and external communications for the Group, local media and intranet to channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single, uniform and strategically consistent communications voice
- Bachelor’s degree desirable. Masters or other qualifications focusing on Marketing, Communications, Sales or related commercial subjects would be advantageous
- Significant post-qualification business development and marketing experience with knowledge of the practice area preferred
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural, cross-border team is preferred
- Excellent time management and organizing skills; ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Team spirit, collaboration, positivity and adaptability
- High level of commercial acumen and business curiosity to identify growth opportunities for the business and keep abreast of business trends
- Strong project management skills, with high level of attention to detail, ability to deliver complex cross-border projects on time
- Experience in or willingness to learn document automation and other legal technology