To manage the strategic focus of revenue driving activities of the AP M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets practice groups, developing a strategic, market-leading BDMC business-partnering capability which enables the practice groups to win, retain and grow business through consistently high standards, tailored pitches, as well as strong key client relationships and account management.
- Work with the AP Practice Group Leaders and Steering Committees, Fee Earners to proactively plan and deliver a compelling BDMC strategy for the Practice groups across AP offices; aligned to global strategy and tailored to regional market needs and dynamics
- Develop and deliver strong, compelling cross-border pitches and proposals for the TPGs, aiming for a high win rate. Working with the Proposals team and other BD colleagues, where appropriate. Follow up for pitch de-briefs and track wins/ losses. This role have a strong pitching and commercial element
- Drive revenue opportunities for the practice by using products and service lines ensuring that the appropriate clients are being targeted with thorough ROI tracking
- Plan, organise and deliver high quality cross-border thought leadership programs and client events to position the Firm as a market leader and 'Transactional Powerhouse', targeting carefully selected existing key clients and new clients, with strong focus on ROI tracking, profitable revenue generation and increasing brand profile
- Work with the PG Leaders and Steering Committees, Fee Earners and Client Managers to develop plans which deliver growth to the appropriate industry key clients and regional key clients by using firm wide best practice BDMC activities which will drive sustainable profitable revenue generation and increase profile
- Working with the Practice Group Steering Committees to regularly review activities; produce analyses of activity versus plans, demonstrating value add of activities undertaken; producing and interpreting financial/fee reports; monitoring expenditure against budgeTG
- Focus on growing PG specific work from key clients and contribute proactively towards client development strategies, identifying growth opportunities and working closely with client managers
- Input to Practice Group strategy meetings and training (generally held annually) to shape the agenda and ensure a balance between 'technical' and BD content and activities. Briefing events team on logistical requirements for the meeting.
- Provide guidance to the Client Experience team key information and statistics relating to Practice Group activities (e.g. key deals and matters)
- Partner closely with specialist functions (Key client management, Communications, Pitch Excellence & Pursuits, Pricing Excellence, GPGs and RPGs) to ensure our in-region media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the regional business as well as global best practice
- Work with our marcomms and events teams on g production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards, league tables and directories; and local event requirements
- Provide guidance to our Communications professionals to drive both internal and external communications for practice development in locations across AP, local and social media to channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single, uniform and strategically consistent communications voice
- Support other regional business priorities and annual meetings, as relevant
Occasional travel to AP offices, Regional PG Meeting/ Training and AP Partner Meeting
About The Team
Business Development, Marketing & Communications (BDMC)
The BDMC function works closely with our Clients, Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong client relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to identify growth opportunities and drive business development through these, creating new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, BDMC, Transactional Group, AP.
The direct report of this role is the BD Coordinator based in Manila.
The key relationships of this role are with the Partners, attorneys, BDMC Colleagues, PBS colleagues.
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Technical corporate knowledge desired
- Commerciality and client focus
- Masters or equivalent degree in business administration, marketing, or similar qualification an advantage.
- Fluent English essential, both written and oral English fluency.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Team spirit essential, ability to work collaboratively across teams
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.