Why Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is consistently recognized as one of the leading and largest international law firms in Asia and globally. We provide dedicated legal services across the spectrum of corporate law and have been doing business in Hong Kong and China for 50 years. Our team of more than 300 lawyers has the deep local roots and integrated global reach to help domestic and multinational companies seamlessly manage even the most complex cross-border transactions.
Our Career Opportunity
We are looking for highly qualified and experienced lawyers with international interests who have diverse backgrounds and experience. We value people with a "client-first" mindset, excellent communications skills, an appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work effectively as team players.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years relevant post qualification experience in a top tier firm
- Corporate M&A experience for publicly listed companies
- preparing and negotiating SPAs
- compliance with listing rules etc.
- drafting announcements, circulars and other disclosure documents
- dealing with regulators’ comments; preparing regulatory submissions and waiver applications
- project management with other specialist practice groups (real estate, tax, financing etc.) and professional advisors (i-banks; auditors; valuers etc.)
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese capability (read and write)
- Capital markets experience (DCM and/or ECM)
- HK IPO experience - not a big part of our practice to date but intend to pursue opportunities (quite rare) in future
- REIT experience (not necessarily HK specific)
- Not required
- Real estate DD experience (will be discharged by other teams)
- Asset-level real estate transactions experience