Key responsibilities include:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the portfolio of industry key clients and the industries in which they operate;
- Continuously assessing how the firm is facing the client organization, at what level and in what areas and determining what relationships need to be protected/strengthened/explored further in order to grow profitable revenues;
- Developing and driving the implementation of the global client plan and associated tactical actions in conjunction with the Client Service Directors;
- Coaching client team partners and other partners and lawyers on pursuits, networking and day-to-day BD activities;
- Acting as a conduit between the client and the client team:
- facilitating introductions;
- undertaking client feedback;
- shaping agendas, organizing and attending client meetings;
- managing secondments.
- Preparing external and internal client reports and communications, including some data analysis;
- Conducting pre and post secondee briefings and ensuring that client secondments are fully exploited;
- Ownership of global panel pitches and tenders and providing necessary guidance and input into local office and practice-specific pitches;
- Managing and administrating client budget spend;
- Acting as the key point of contact for internal queries.
Travel: There is likely to be 2-4 trips required each year to arrange and attend client meetings at a number of regional and firm-wide partner meetings. Travel throughout China to visit clients may also be needed.
- At least six years experience working in a professional services or financial services environment in the PRC (preferably with 3-4 years' experience in a Client Relationship Manager role).
- Undergraduate degree preferably in business administration, marketing or communications – or equivalent work experience.
- Passionate in providing high quality services;
- Exceptional work ethic and personal integrity;
- Self-motivated and independent worker with a proactive approach to work;
- Positive attitude;
- Committed to teamwork.
- Excellent Mandarin written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail;
- Good English written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail;
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage key internal and external relationships and projects across the global organization;
- Savvy in understanding and adapting to the expectations and the needs of different cultures across the Firm;
- The ability to readjust and reorganize plans and deal and manage change.
This role will be based in Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong.