Baker & McKenzie China advises clients on some of the most significant deals in the Chinese and international markets, such as Bright Food's acquisition of Spanish food group Miquel Alimentacio, Export-Import Bank of China's US$1.55 billion loan facilities for the development of a power plant in Port Qasim in Pakistan, and the US$26 billion merger between CSR and China CNR, the two largest train manufacturers in China.
With nearly 300 qualified lawyers, we provide domestic and cross-border advice on Merger & Acquisition, Capital Markets, Banking & Finance, Employment, Real Estate, IT & Communications, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution and Tax — all top-ranked practice groups by legal publications including IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific Legal and Chambers Asia Pacific. No matter the legal or business challenge, we work with colleagues across borders and practice areas to help clients achieve their strategic goals.
Baker McKenzie China is seeking a Capital Markets Associate to participate in the development of our Capital Markets Practice Group.
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of 3 to 5 years in Capital Markets (with a focus on Hong Kong capital markets) in a top-tier law firm.
- Experience with HK IPO and HK securities compliance
- Experience with prospectus drafting, Hong Kong public company takeovers, debt offering, M&A and other fund-raisings is a plus
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Human qualities, open-minded and dynamic
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese. Cantonese is a plus.
- LL.B degree from a prestigious law school; LL.M or J.D degree is preferred
- Legal qualification to practice in China, HK, US, UK, Australia or Singapore