Baker & McKenzie is consistently recognized as one of the leading and largest international law firms in Asia and globally. We provide dedicated legal services across the spectrum of corporate law and have been doing business in Hong Kong and China for 50 years.
We are looking for a passionate and driven junior associate to join our Finance and Projects department based in Beijing, focusing on project finance and banking for lenders and borrowers. You will be joining a banking and finance practice that is highly-regarded by legal directories including Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal500 and be involved in handling project finance, loans and credit facilities, as well as securitization and structured finance. Experience providing legal advice on project-related financing and structured financing in the PRC, creditors’ rights, financial restructurings, and financing for large cross-border transactions by leading Chinese corporations will be highly regarded.
Highly qualified and experienced banking and finance lawyers with international interests who have diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply. We value people with a "client-first" mindset, excellent communications skills, an appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work effectively as team players.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in general banking and acquisition finance gained in top-tier law firm
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent technical, drafting and commercial skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Strong service orientation
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Good communication skills.