We are currently looking for a Senior Associate with 5+ years' experience to join our Restructuring & Insolvency team within our broader Dispute Resolution practice group in Sydney.
Our specialist Restructuring & Insolvency team has an impressive track record and market reputation in complex restructuring transactions, debtor/creditor disputes and insolvency proceedings on a local, regional and international level.
This means that we have the privilege of being instructed by major national and international organisations in large-scale, complex restructuring and insolvency assignments, across a range of industries and disciplines.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- minimum 5 years' experience in restructuring and insolvency;
- dispute resolution experience;
- strong restructuring and insolvency expertise, across a mix of financial restructuring, informal work-outs, formal insolvency proceedings and insolvency litigation;
- preferably undertaken the ARITA Advanced Certification course;
- experience in a top tier or leading international firm preferred;
- a strong client service ethic and works well as part of a team (including across Australian offices and internationally);
- business development aptitude, interest and experience;
- relevant legal qualifications;
- strong academic background;
- commitment to high work standards; and
- strong communication skills.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.