Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
For more information on our benefits click here
We are currently looking for a M&A lawyer to join our Transactional Practice Group in Sydney to work on a variety of transactions across a range of industries.
Baker McKenzie's Transactional Practice Group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies. We are particularly well known for our high-end mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private equity practices. With offices across the globe, we provide our clients with something that no other Australian law firm can offer – a leading Australian practice with access to an integrated global platform
Our areas of experience include corporate governance and compliance, corporate advisory, due diligence, foreign investment, hostile and recommended takeover bids, joint ventures and alliances, privatisation/corporatisations, public/private partnerships, as well as spin-offs, demergers and stock exchange listings. The Corporate Group is at the forefront of providing commercially astute advice to major Australian and global companies. We are particularly well known for high-end mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and private equity practices. Our experience includes corporate governance and compliance, corporate advisory, due diligence, foreign investment, hostile and recommended takeover bids, joint ventures and alliances, privatisation/corporatisations, public/private partnerships, as well as spin-offs, demergers and stock exchange listings.
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 3-5 years' experience in mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in a similar top tier environment (desirable)
- Relevant legal qualifications
- Strong technical, drafting and commercial skills
- Strong academic background
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients.
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks.
- a strong client service orientation;
- strong technical, drafting and commercial skills;
- business development aptitude, interest, and experience;
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.