Christian Blomet has extensive knowledge in information technology law, as well as in mergers and acquisitions. He is a contributor to the Lamy Encyclopedia of Media and Communication Law, and is author to various publications on telecommunications law, including "Adaptation of Telecom Law in the Government Action Plan of the Information Society." Mr. Blomet is also a frequent speaker on telecom regulation and competition law at various key seminars.
Mr. Blomet focuses on the legal aspects of outsourcing and off-shoring projects, large contracts, negotiation with operators and regulation authorities, competition litigation and arbitration. He frequently advises major firms in the ITC sector, including fixed and mobile network operators, satellite operators, equipment manufacturers and broadcasting companies. Mr. Blomet also counsels both suppliers and users in various outsourcing transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Actively participated in the international development of France Telecom by negotiating investments in Latin America, Central Europe and Asia in the privatisation of incumbent operators and setting up alternative operators.
- Conducted numerous regulatory files and files of competition for France Telecom at a time when the telecommunications sector was just opening up.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of the Franco-British Lawyers
- European Outsourcing Association
- Paris~France (2001)
- University of Paris X (DEA)