Allen Ng is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group. His practice focuses on aircraft leasing and financing transactions and general banking matters, including bilateral and syndicated loan transactions in Hong Kong and China.
Aircraft and Equipment Leasing and Finance
- Acting for major airlines in China (including Air China, China Eastern Airlines and China Southern Airlines) in relation to aircraft transactions involving domestic and foreign banks, and domestic and foreign leasing companies, including sale and purchase transactions, operating leases, sale and leaseback transactions, finance leases, free-trade-zone structured lease, Japanese operating leases, French tax optimized leases, ECA/EXIM supported financing transactions and pre-delivery finance for over 600 aircraft for the past 19 years.
- Acting for leasing companies in and outside China (including Aviation Capital Group, AWAS Aviation Trading Limited, Intrepid Aviation, Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., CCB Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., ICBC Leasing Financial Leasing Co., Ltd., Ping An Financial Leasing, Minsheng Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.) in relation to aircraft acquisition and domestic foreign leasing transactions for over 150 aircraft in the past five years.
- Acted for various banks in and outside China in relation to aircraft transactions (including Bank of China, CCB Asia and Nord LB).
- Acted for Thai Airways International Public Company Limited in relation to its first A380 aircraft in 2012.
- Acted for Thai Airways International Public Company Limited in relation to its first A380 aircraft in 2012 and for its other Export Credit Agencies (US Eximbank / ECGD / NEXI) supported financing, finance leases, French tax optimized leases and operating leases for Boeing and Airbus aircraft since 2002.
- Acted for Air China, China Southwest Airlines and CNAC-Zhejiang Airlines on the transfer of 34 aircraft leases to Air China by way of novation, in relation to the merger of the 3 airlines.
Loans and Credit Facilities
- Acting for banks in Hong Kong and in China in relation to real estate projects in Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Suzhou and in other parts of China.
- Acting for banks in relation to numerous standby letter of credit facilities, bilateral and syndicated loan transactions in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a major Hong Kong telecommunications company on the restructuring of its assets.
- Acted for financial institutions in structured bond transactions.
- Band 1 Leading Lawyer (Aviation Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Greater China Region (2022)
- Acritas Star Lawyer (Hong Kong) (2021)
- Hall of Fame (Asset Finance, Hong Kong) – Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020-2022)
- Leading Lawyer (Asset Finance, Hong Kong) – Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2012-2019)
- Aviation Law Award Winner (Hong Kong) – International Advisory Experts (2020)
- Band 1 Leading Lawyer (Aviation Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2018-2021)
- Leading Lawyer (Aviation Finance (International Firms), China) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2012-2017)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Banking & Finance, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2012-2022)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Capital Markets: Structured Finance and Securitisation, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2012-2022)
- Highly Regarded Lawyer (Financial Services Regulatory, Hong Kong) – IFLR1000 (2015-2022)
- Leading Lawyer (Finance, Hong Kong) – The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers (2014-2020)
Mitgliedschaften in Berufsverbänden
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2001)
- Hong Kong (2000)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (1998)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B., 1st Class Honours, 1st in class) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.