Theodor Härtsch is a member of the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group in Zurich, and serves as co-head of the local office’s Capital Markets Practice Group.
Mr. Härtsch regularly advises banks and borrowers on all aspects of syndicated loans and the preparation of the related security documentation. He also counsels issuers and investment banks on debt and equity capital markets transactions, including ongoing compliance with securities laws and takeover matters. His practice also includes providing legal advice on structuring funds, including private equity and hedge funds.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Feintool International Holding Ltd in their 2009 and 2012 refinancings.
- Represented SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH LTD in relation to the offering and listing of its EUR258 million high yield bond due in 2019.
- Advised OC Oerlikon Corporation Ltd, Pfäffikon, in relation to its CHF300 million bonds due in 2016.
- Represented OC Oerlikon Corporation Ltd Pfäffikon in its CHF1 billion rights issue.
- Represented Orior Ltd. in its initial public offering and listing on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- Represented Clariant Ltd., a publicly listed specialty chemicals company, on its convertible bond 2009-2014.
Represented Bâloise Holding Ltd., a publicly listed insurance company, on its convertible bond 2009-2014.
Represented various issuers, including Advanced Digital Holding Ltd and Panalpina World Transport Holding Ltd. in connection with their IPOs on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Acted for several publicly listed industrial companies in relation to their entrance into a secured multi-currency syndicated loan facility;
Advised UBS and a syndicate of banks on a CHF500 million borrowing base facility for a large trading company.
University of Zurich
Deusto University, Bilbao, Spain
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.