Rodrigo Quimbo is a partner of Quisumbing Torres' Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He heads the Aviation, Aerospace & Defense Industry Group in Manila. He has 23 years of experience representing clients in litigation, dispute resolution, and arbitration. He is well-regarded in transportation and aviation work. Under his leadership, Quisumbing Torres was named the 2010 Firm of the Year for Aviation by Asian-Counsel. Mr. Quimbo teaches Torts, Damages, Transportation and Public Utility law at the University of the Philippines College of Law.
His practice includes administrative and civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, transportation, public utilities, and aviation. He regularly advises clients on the review of confidentiality and restrictive agreements, compliance and government reporting requirements, and antitrust and competition regulatory requirements.
Mr. Quimbo's practice includes administrative and civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, transportation, public utilities and aviation. He regularly advises clients on the review of confidentiality and restrictive agreements, compliance and government reporting requirements, and antitrust and competition regulatory requirements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise a US-based leading airline company on legal issues and regulatory matters in connection with its merger with another US-based leading airline company.
- Advise one of Australia’s international and domestic air transportation carriers on competition laws and regulations in the Philippines.
- Act as counsel to a leading airline liability insurer in aircraft accident investigations and damages/liability suits involving air carriers.
- Assist one of the world’s leading providers of transportation, logistics, e-commerce, and business services based in the US, in securing an international freight forwarder’s license in favor of a foreign national/ subsidiary.
- Assist a leading Australian low-cost airline and a subsidiary of a leading global airline company in securing new flight route permits and a Foreign Air Carriers Permit.
- Advise on and facilitate the application of a Japan-based airline subsidiary for a Foreign Air Carrier's Permit and related operating permits.
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2009-2013
- Leading Individual in Chambers Global 2010 and 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Makati Law Foundation - President
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society - Member
University of the Philippines
University of Santo Tomas
(B.A. cum laude)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.