Clyde E. Rankin, III is a member of Baker & McKenzie’s Global Corporate & Securities Practice Group in the New York office. He is also the chair of the Global Renewable Energy and Clean Technology Practice Group and has been active in the wind energy sector for over 20 years. Additionally, Mr. Rankin advises on the financing of infrastructure projects in the US, including toll roads, highway maintenance projects, tunnel maintenance and monitoring, and the refurbishment of refineries. Prior to joining the Firm in 2005, he served as the ninth chairman of Coudert Brothers LLP.
Mr. Rankin’s practice focuses on corporate and commercial, project finance, energy and natural resources, mergers and acquisitions, and privatization. He is knowledgeable on infrastructure transactions, licensing and distribution agreements and joint venture agreements. Mr. Rankin is seasoned in significant renewable energy projects, including project financing, in the US and abroad. He has represented foreign companies investing in the US and assists US clients with their investments in Eastern and Central Europe as well as the Russian Federation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US developer in connection with an USD85 million turbine supply loan.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD385 million project financing of a 205.5 MW wind energy project in Minnesota.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD125 million leveraged construction and term financing of, and admission of a tax equity investor into, an 85.5 MW wind energy project in Minnesota.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the negotiation of a power purchase agreement with San Diego Gas & Electric for a 200 MW wind energy project to be located in Kern County, California.
- Advised US and overseas lenders in connection with the project financing of several wind farms in California.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the USD85 million financing and admission of tax equity investors into a 60 MW wind energy project in California.
- Advised a US developer in connection with the negotiation of a power purchase agreement with Pacific Gas & Electric for a 150 MW wind energy project in Solano County, California.
- Advised a US developer in connection with a sale/leaseback financing of a wind energy project in Minnesota.
- Advised a US-based operations and maintenance provider in connection with the financing of the Port of Miami Tunnel Project.
New York~United States (1976)
U.S. Supreme Court~United States
District of Columbia~United States
New Jersey~United States
Columbia Law School
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.