Burak Oder advises clients on matters involving administrative, competition, employment, energy, pharmacology, regulatory and privatization law. He is an assistant professor at Bilgi University in Istanbul, where he teaches administrative, energy and pharmacology law. He also teaches administrative law at Yeditepe and Koç universities and has written extensively on administrative law, competition law, European law, privatization, public procurement, regulation and state aid. Prior to becoming a lawyer, he served as a consultant for public and private entities such as the Turkish Public Procurement Authority and Boğaziçi University.
Mr. Oder advises international and Turkish companies and investors in the energy, pharmacology and real estate industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Turkish Public Procurement Agency on public procurement regulations.
- Advised Istanbul Bilgi University on educational and administrative regulations and administrative issues.
- Advised Ada Havacılık on the USD33 million privatization of Cyprus Turkish Airlines.
- Advised leading mobile phone operator Turkcell İletişim on administrative issues.
- Advised Metro Group on real estate investments and issues.
- Advised Pfizer İlaçları Ltd.Şti. on pharmacological and administrative issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Istanbul Bar Association - Member
- Turkish Football Federation - Ethics Board
- Turkish Chess Federation - Legal Committee
University of Cologne
(Master's degree Public Law)
Esin Attorney Partnership is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.