Christina Doria advises on commercial litigation and arbitration matters in the Firm's Toronto office, where she was a summer student, and pursued her articles prior to working as an associate. She is a member of Firm's North America Litigation Practice Group, and worked as an associate in the New York office with the Global Dispute Resolution Group under the International Clerkship Program. Ms. Doria was nominated as a member of the Toronto office Pro Bono Committee in 2012. As a law student, Ms. Doria was a senior editor for the Ottawa Law Review, and an oralist in the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition and the Jessup International Law Moot Court competition. She is currently an editor and contributor to the arbitration blog of Bay Street Chambers. She completed her LL.M in international law, where her Master's thesis was published in the Hague Yearbook of International Law 2004.
Ms. Doria acts for various clients on contractual disputes, matters involving fraud, jurisdictional disputes, banking and insolvency matters, shareholder disputes, professional liability, product liability, commercial class actions and economic torts. She has appeared before all levels of Ontario court.
- Acted for a major aerospace company in an ad hoc arbitration involving breach of contract and product liability claims.
- Acted for a foreign engineering company defending a claim for breach of contract and alleged damages flowing from an economic tort.
- Acted for an India-based company to obtain a worldwide Mareva injunction, freezing state-owned assets to enforce an arbitral award.
- Acted for a foreign petroleum company to enforce an ICC award against a sovereign state.
- Acted for a foreign mining company to protect assets against a third party ICSID award against a sovereign state.
- Acted for a global hotel corporation in an ad hoc arbitration involving a contractual dispute.
- Acted for an American energy company in a New York state ad hoc arbitration involving a gas and hydrocarbon contract dispute.
- Acted for a foreign valuation company in a large-scale securities class action.
- Acted for global banking institutions in cases involving fraud and conversion.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section
- The Advocates' Society
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners
- Canadian Netherlands Business and Professional Association Inc.
- Willem C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria - Arbitrator (2012-2013)
- CAPE Scholarship - Toronto Fundraising Committee, Nominated for Board of Directorship (2013-2016)
University of Ottawa
Erasmus University Rotterdam
(LL.M. International Law)
University of Utrecht
Neuchatel Junior College
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.