In an increasingly competitive and globalized marketplace, your brand helps define your business, speaks to your clients and sets you apart. Protect your trademarks, optimize your brand value, and secure your brand identity across product and service lines through our strategic trademark protection and worldwide portfolio management services.
With Baker & McKenzie centrally managing your global trademark portfolio, you have access to:
- a truly global network of trademark prosecution practitioners with proven experience and extensive know-how in even the most challenging jurisdictions;
- a sophisticated system that can be tailored to your needs and a dedicated in-house IP support center — both at no cost to you;
- practical fixed fee pricing for a large number of trademark services to help manage your budget; and
- a single point of contact — we manage your trademark agent network and make sure all trademark records are up-to-date.
How we can help
Trademark prosecution, portfolio management and advisory work
– Perform trademark search and clearance services including evaluation of registrability in non-traditional areas such as scent, sound, threedimensional shape and color-only marks. Provide related domain name and Internet advisory services involving trademark protection. Centrally manage and monitor global trademark filing and handle administrative matters such as client instruction intake, billing and reporting tasks.
Trademark assignment, licensing, due diligence, audits and other transactional work
– Advise on, negotiate and draft trademark assignment and licensing agreements, and assist in other commercial transactions involving trademarks. Secure recordals of trademark assignments and licenses. Advise on multijurisdictional branding and re-branding programs. Conduct trademark due diligence and audits.
Trademark oppositions, cancellations, litigation and enforcement
– Represent clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, trademark infringement litigation and other enforcement-related disputes, including proceedings involving domain names. Formulate and implement globally coordinated anti-counterfeiting and enforcement programs.