Ramon Quisumbing is the managing partner of Quisumbing Torres. He also heads its Dispute Resolution Practice Group and is a member of its Services (including Outsourcing) Industry Group. Mr. Quisumbing has represented numerous multinational companies, including The Dow Chemical Company, Cisco, Accenture, Cadbury, Budget Rental, Rohm and Haas, Occidental Chemical, Agilent, Steelcase and Intel. He is admitted to practice law in the Philippines and in the District of Columbia, Virginia, and New York, USA.
Mr. Quisumbing’s practice focuses on litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and international arbitration. He handles commercial, civil and appellate litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represent two of the world’s leading chemical companies in possibly the biggest damages/tort suits ever filed in the Philippines. The largest case filed by more than 50,000 plaintiffs was dismissed by the Supreme Court. Several other cases are still pending in several courts in southern Philippines.
- Advise one of the world’s leading clean energy independent power producers in respect of the fiduciary obligations of directors regarding the proposed bid of a hydropower company for the Bakun Power Purchase Agreement.
- Represent one of the world’s largest religious organizations in asserting ownership and recovering possession of real properties; defend client in a suit filed by a freight forwarding company.
- Advise a global leader in electronics and electrical engineering, energy and healthcare on a libel complaint filed by a former employee against a top executive of the client.
- Represent one of the world’s leading business process outsourcing companies in litigation and arbitration against another global business process outsourcing company.
- Advise one of Japan’s most distinguished educational institutions on the preparation of arbitration clauses of facility use and other contracts.
- Advise a Chinese government corporation in respect of the single biggest foreign investment in the Philippines.
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution and Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2008-2013
- Leading Individual in Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global, 2008, 2010-2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
New York~United States (1986)
Virginia~United States (1980)
District of Columbia~United States (1979)
University of South Florida
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.