Gil Roberto L. Zerrudo is a partner in the Firm’s Employment Practice Group and the Services and the Energy & Utilities industry groups in Manila. He has more than two decades of experience advising on various matters relating to employment and labor litigation. He has consistently been recognized as a leading lawyer in Labor and Employment by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Chambers Asia Pacific.
Mr. Zerrudo regularly advises on employment contracts; employee benefits and compensation; employee terminations; and executive compensation, benefits, transfers and terminations. He also handles occupational health and safety matters, discrimination laws advice, trade unions recognition procedures, and labor litigation. He has extensive experience representing clients engaged in banking and financial services, business process outsourcing, computers and computer systems, and IT/telecommunications. Mr. Zerrudo also handles transactions in food and beverage, manufacturing, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals and healthcare.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise and assist a US-based leading global financial institution in the establishment and daily operations of its back office captive subsidiary in the Philippines.
- Advise a global leading provider of diversified and innovative healthcare solutions with the formation and registration of its Philippine BPO entity.
- Advise a Philippine-based manufacturing plant of one of the world's leading garments manufacturing companies on the reorganization of its Philippine operations, which had an impact on more than a thousand employees. Successfully defend client on alleged dismissal suits filed by former employees.
- Advise a US-based global manufacturer of specialty and intermediate chemicals on employment restructuring and union activities in the Philippines in relation to the termination of the joint venture agreement with the client’s French partner and the remaining Filipino minority partner.
- Advise the Philippine office of a leading global provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions on the employment termination of a high-ranking employee and ensure that such employee would not have legal basis to file a labor complaint against the client.
- Defend numerous leading BPO industry companies in various labor cases filed by its Philippine employees for alleged illegal dismissals.
- Advise various multinational companies doing business in the Philippines on numerous highly sensitive executive terminations.
- Leading Individual in Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2008-2013
- Leading Individual in Labor/Employment, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2007-2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Director, Makati Chapter
- Employers' Confederation of the Philippines - Member
- British Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines - Representative
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Representative
- Ateneo de Manila University Law School Faculty - Lecturer on Employment Law
Ateneo de Manila University
Ateneo de Manila University
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.