Fumio Koma heads the Firm’s Antitrust Practice Group in Tokyo, and is regarded as a pioneering international lawyer in his areas of practice, particularly in antitrust law. He is a member of the Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association, and is admitted to practice in New York.
Mr. Koma’s practice focuses on international commercial affairs, finance, domestic and international M&A and antitrust law. He has extensive experience advising industry clients — banks, security companies, chemical companies, healthcare and pharmaceutical firms, hotels and satellite broadcasting companies — on antitrust and trade regulations and other administrative procedures. He also handles corporate governance issues, including representative action as well as local and international bankruptcy proceedings for major banks.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised clients with respect to the merger of two listed companies MBO (going private), large asset purchase cases and other M&A cases.
- Counseled clients in relation to an overseas solar plant construction project.
- Counseled clients in relation to antitrust/cartel cases.
- Represented clients with respect to litigation cases involving product liability, and finance and corporate related matters.
- Represented clients with respect to hotel projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
New York~United States (1984)
University of Washington
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.