Ashley Poke is a partner in the Melbourne office of Baker & McKenzie. Leveraging his broad international experience, Ashley regularly assists offshore clients with inbound investments in Australia across a range of sectors. He also provides support to existing operations within Australia and the region.
Ashley is focused on assisting Australian and offshore clients on mergers and acquisitions, strategic shareholdings in public and private companies, and control issues involving Australian listed entities. He also advises clients on equity capital markets transactions as well as a broad range of commercial matters, including joint ventures, corporate restructuring and insolvency.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for major international companies on investments in Australia and overseas.
- Acting on some of Australia's most significant joint-venture arrangements.
- Advising on standard commercial agreements for major commercial participants across a range of industry sectors.
- Assisting with acquisitions and joint ventures in Australia and Asia for a wide range of offshore clients.
- Advising foreign clients in commercial and legal issues in Australia, including the establishment of an Australian presence.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Venture Capital Association - Member
England & Wales~United Kingdom (1994)
New York~United States (1993)
(Bachelor of Commerce)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.