A growing number of MNCs are accessing RMB-denominated products to fund projects, enhance liquidity and improve their working capital in China. Through RMB bonds, companies can raise capital while avoiding time-consuming IPOs, rights issuances or secondary offerings. But while the benefits are compelling, policy restrictions can prove challenging if compliance is poorly executed.
At Baker & McKenzie, we can help manage all legal aspects of RMB-denominated capital raisings — from documentation, clearance and settlement of RMB bonds.
- Our advisers have acted in numerous breakthrough RMB issuances and have a strong track record of representing issuers, shareholders and underwriters in various debt/equity transactions globally and in China.
- We can take the lead in drafting the prospectus and offering circulars, and seamlessly coordinate all commercial, regulatory and US securities processes to help ensure optimal deal outcomes.
- With a geographic footprint spanning 69 locations, we are particularly adept in executing multijurisdictional, multi-language transactions, whether you’re issuing RMB bonds or investing funds raised from an offering.
Learn more about our capabilities in RMB bond offerings
Webinar: RMB Bonds in Hong Kong and Use of Funds from Issuances in Mainland China
Download webinar recording
Our international Securities team discusses latest opportunities and challenges in the RMB bond market to help you maximize capital-raising efforts, covering:
- Documentation, clearance and settlement of RMB bonds; and
- Use of funds and restrictions on funds flow into and out of China.
Partner - Hong Kong
T +852 2846 2457
Email: Brian Spires
Brian Spires has extensive experience acting on RMB bond offerings. His practice focuses on US and international capital markets transactions, including public and private offerings of equity, equity-linked and debt securities, as well as mergers and acquisitions. He also advises ongoing compliance and corporate governance matters for listed companies in the US.
Partner - Shanghai
T +86 21 6105 8500
Email: Harvey Lau
Harvey Lau has worked on numerous syndicated and bilateral loan transactions involving PRC borrowers and security providers. He has advised MNCs on USD/RMB dual currency financing transactions, including entrustment loans and securities, and share and equity acquisitions in China. He has also handled cross-border RMB settlement and other regulatory issues related to RMB businesses.