Misha lutje Beerenbroek heads the EC Competition, Trade and Food Law Practice of Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam and is a member of the European Compliance Practice Group. He is also a member of the Baker & McKenzie European Competition Law, Commercial Contracts, and WTO practice groups, as well as the Steering Committee of the Firm’s European Food Law Practice. Mr. lutje Beerenbroek frequently lectures on, and publishes articles about, issues related to his practice.
As defense and compliance counsel, Misha lutje Beerenbroek advises on cartel complaints, abusive conduct of dominant undertakings, joint ventures, and merger control / free movement of goods / food law / export control (dual use items). He practices general EC law, with a particular focus on Competition, EC food and product, and export control laws.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a global player in the financial industry accused by the European Commission and the Dutch Competition Authority of abusing its dominant position.
- Represented one of the world’s largest companies active in the food industry in negotiating and drafting of a long term exclusive supply contract and JV arrangement with a potential competitor.
- Represented the Dutch largest on-trade entrepreneur in a cartel case against Heineken.
- Acts for an oil company with regard to follow-on actions pursuant to antitrust violations
- Represented a Dutch pharmacists organization in the setting up of a purchase and sales vehicle.
- Acts for an Japanese manufacturer of large equipment with regard to follow-on actions pursuant to antitrust violations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Competition Law Association
- Dutch Food Law Association
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
- International League of Competition Law
- Dutch Association for EC Law
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.