Alan Zoccolillo mainly handles corporate and securities matters, and is ranked among the leading lawyers in the US for mergers and acquisitions by Legal 500.
Mr. Zoccolillo has significant experience in general corporate counseling and in structuring, negotiating and implementing a variety of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, as well as private equity and venture capital transactions. He routinely represents a broad range of local and multinational clients in US and cross-border business and investment transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Fresenius Medical Care North America in connection with its acquisition of Liberty Dialysis Holdings Inc. for USD2.1 billion.
- Represented the selling stockholders in their sale of PPC Broadband Inc. to Belden Inc. for USD515.7 million.
- Represented CSM nv, a global industrial baking ingredients company, in connection with its acquisition of Best Brands Corp. from Value Creation Partners, Inc. for USD510 million.
- Represented The Nielsen Company, a global media and information company, in connection with its social media research joint venture with McKinsey & Co.
- Represented LexisNexis, a world-leading legal services and information provider, in connection with its USD4.1 billion post-acquisition re-organization and integration of Choice Point, Inc.
- Represented Fletcher Building Limited, a building products company, in connection with its acquisition of Formica Corporation from Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. for USD750 million.
- Represented The American Standard Companies in connection with its global separation plan, including its USD1.745 billion sale of its Bath and Kitchen products business to funds advised by Bain Capital Partners, LLC, and its pre-spin reorganization of its vehicle control systems business (WABCO).
- Represented Air Liquide, a French industrial gas company, in connection with its USD3.5 billion acquisition of Messer Griesheim’s industrial gas activities in Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States, as well as several related divestitures.
New York~United States (2000)
Connecticut~United States (1999)
(J.D. cum laude)
Wake Forest University
(B.A. cum laude)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.